Welcome to our Sutton School Nurse Blog
The School Nursing service works in partnership with children, young people and their families to ensure that children’s health needs are supported within their school and their community. Our School Nurse Team comprises of Qualified School Nurse Specialist Practitioner’s, Staff Nurses and Community Nursery Nurses.
School nurses have two main roles:
- They provide confidential advice, care and treatment to young people and their parents and/or carers
- to support and protect a young person’s physical and emotional health
The Sutton School Nursing Teams deliver a range of programmes which include:
- Developmental screening including height, weight
- A range health and sex education talks to pupils in school
- Management of children with additional health/medical needs
- Confidential Drop-in clinics in Secondary Schools
- Nocturnal Enuresis (bedwetting)
- Safeguarding children
Most of our services are also available to offer support to parents, carers and school staff.